Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Katie and Lexi


Katie loves playing with Lexi. Anywhere from running through the house making lots of commotion or they are on the couch together calmly watching TV. Lexi is truly a "man's" best friend, the "man" being a sweet 3 year old little girl. Lately, Katie has been making Lexi lay down on the couch beside her while she watches TV. She props a pillow under Lexi's head and covers the dog with a blanket. Then, she proceeds to curl up beside her. It is really quite cute. You'll see in the photo that on this particular day, Katie actually posed herself and Lexi in a chair for a photo. One moment she is playing, the next she is asking me to take a picture of her and the dog. (Children's little minds amaze me!) I have to say that Lexi is such a good dog. It never matters what the kids do, she would never hurt them. Even when Marcus unintentionally grabs her hair and pulls, Lexi takes it all in stride. She has tolerated Katie's kindness and also the times that Katie has been too rough with her and I had to intervene. Sweet Lexi she never complains. She just accepts it all and still seems to love our family. Lexi is now developing a sense of protectiveness over Marcus. She likes to sleep in the bedroom with him until he wakes. Then, she paces around under she is sure I am aware of the situation! I have to admit, I am not a big dog lover. However, more and more I appreciate what Lexi brings to our family and when she was at my mom's this fall I actually missed her quite a bit. Yes, she is another responsiblity on my plate... but she's so much more too. She has become a big part of our family. For anyone who has recently watched Marley and Me... well, you'll understand while I have learned to appreciate Lexi that much more. I hope we have many more years of this craziness together!

No comments: