Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!


Happy 2009!

Hope you all rang in the new year some sort of exciting way. mine was rather low key. I stayed home with the kids, put them to bed, and relaxed around the house (after I did the dishes, picked up the toys, and folded some laundry) I actually watched a cute movie I had on the DVR called Lucky 7. It had Patrick Dempsey in it and was really cute. Then, as the time approached for the crystal ball to drop I tuned in.... one cool thing about being in the central time zone is that the ball drops at 11pm instead of midnight. Of course, in my pre-child days I would have thought this was not cool at all. However, now that I don't get sleep at night the prospect of celebrating the new year and going to bed an hour early sounded great. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to bed before the new year as Katie woke up and had trouble getting back to sleep. When I finally got to bed, I managed 3 hours of sleep before my kids took turns waking me up until 7am. I am praying that in 2009 they start sleeping again! This schedule of waking up all night wears me out! On another note, I think as far as I can remember this was the first new year's eve Matt and I spent apart since 2000! There may have been one in there we missed together, but he was able to call and wasn't at sea. The most important or special part of New Year's eve is that 9 years ago Matt and I shared our first kiss ringing in 2000 in Beijing, China... who knew that quick midnight kiss would lead to a wonderful lifetime together! I still remember that moment. Ah, to be young and in love!
2009 is going to be a great year for me, because I am so looking forward to Matt's return from deployment. Another year full of opportunities (most likely we'll move this year to our next duty station) and most importantly Matt's homecoming! Even though I was sad to be without Matt on New Year's eve, I was happy to because it is one day closer to his return.
May everyone who reads this have a blessed, happy, and healthy 2009!

No comments: