Thursday, November 27, 2008

Daddy Deploys


Well, there hasn't been much time to blog lately as lots of things have been going on here! On Tuesday, we said goodbye to daddy. Of course, this was so difficult. The weather went along with how I was feeling- gloomy and rainy. Driving Matt to the base was not fun, knowing that we had to say goodbye in a few minutes made it a rough drive. However, we got through the day and it was a bit of a relief that we were able to start the countdown. I was surprised how well Tuesday went, but it is apparently starting to hit home now. On Wednesday, Katie asked if her daddy was coming home that night. I gently explained again that this was the long trip, and she burst into tears. After much loving, we got through the day. I thought with the holidays approaching that I'd be distracted enough... but the day only proves not to be the same without Matt here. Today, I am sad to think that we have so many months of this to get through. It's almost as if I am staring at this giant mountain and I am not prepared to climb it. Guess I am in the thick of it now, and can only pray to get through it all. More on this topic later... Here's a few pictures of Katie and Daddy toasting OJ at his goodbye breakfast. Bittersweet!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh Jessica, I am so sorry that you and your family are having to go through this. My heart just breaks for you because I remember the goodbyes and ours were not for nearly as long as yours. If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to call. I will be praying for you and for Matt, that your spirits will be lifted and that the days will fly by. Jon works at NavSea with all the fast boats, so if he hears any news about Matt's boat I will let you know. Love you guys!