Saturday, November 22, 2008

Girl's Night "Out"

Last night was a girl's night out, but we all met at my place and stayed in. Matt was supposed to have left on deployment Thursday, and this was to be my "pity" party... nothing like drowning your sorrows with good girlfriends, great food, and a fruity drink. Well, Matt's boat ended up not leaving as scheduled (No surprise to all of us Navy wives by any means). I thought about canceling the evening, but he had duty so I decided to go ahead. Boy am I glad I did... girl's nights should occur more often. It is so refreshing to get together with your girlfriends (without having to watch the kids) and talk. It is like the best therapy on earth! I love talking with other wives sharing stories, tossing around ideas, encouraging each other. It is such a blessing to talk to women who have been or are going through the same things you are going through. I feel this is especially important being a mother, because it is easy to doubt if you are doing things right. It helps to hear from someone else, that you are a good mom and that things are okay. Day to day, we have our appearance we keep up... but it's those once a month nights when we all get together and the nitty gritty of our lives comes clean. And in the end, we realize... the appearances don't matter-we are all human making mistakes, yet accomplishing great things.

No comments: