Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Daddy's home!!


Matt's arrival yesterday couldn't have come at a better time. It always seems like things are all starting to come undone and then "daddy's home!" Marcus has been sick with some sort of virus and he needed to go to the doctor yesterday. Thankfully, Matt made it home from the boat in time to watch Katie. She was so excited he was home. She made a picture for him, picked out the "perfect" outfit, and let me fix her hair before running downstairs to wait anxiously for him to get here. The only thing that never works out for me if that I always have such big plans to have the house all neat and orderly when Matt gets home. But it never fails that something big happens before he comes home preventing this plan to actually work. Marcus woke up Sunday morning and seemed a little warm, but after church I knew something was wrong with him. Anyway, I spent the whole day holding and caring for him and most of the night (I got 3 hours of straight sleep- after that not much!) Needless to say, my plan for cleaning anything went out the window when I had to go into "mommy overtime" mode trying to care for the kids and do the basics. Oh well. Matt was happy to be home and we had a great dinner last night. (I love cooking when he's home because there is someone here to eat my cooking!) I plan to make homemade BBQ boneless pork ribs for dinner tonight - yummy. We'll see how my plan works out though- lately it seems other things are taking priority. On another note, I slept so good last night. The best sleep in over a month. Why is it that knowing you have a man in the house makes you feel so secure? I went to bed at 10pm - the earliest I have gone to bed in a month! I feel so rested I must get some things accomplished today. And the best part of the whole day is that daddy will be home again tonight after work. I love it when the boat's in port!
(Katie took the picture of the 3 of us... she LOVES taking pictures. I am thinking we should get one of those kid's digital cameras that can be hers-she has dropped mine a few times and almost broke it, but she can take some great pictures for a 3 year old)

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

That's so great Matt's home! Enjoy your time together!!!!!

Jill said...

I am so happy for you that you have your hubby home!! Hope things get better for you soon, I definately know how it is trying to care for two kids all by yourself. Jon's last deployment was like that, if one kid wasn't sick, the other had a boo boo!