Friday, October 17, 2008

Marcus... my hungry little boy!

Well, last night Marcus tried sweet potatoes for dinner and boy did he love them! His first time trying them and he ate over half of the jar! Well, today, I gave him his rice cereal for breakfast and went about my normal routine with him. So far, I have been feeding him rice cereal for breakfast and just started with sweet potatoes for dinner. Well, this afternoon Marcus was not himself. He was so mad... I knew he was hungry but every time I tried to give him his bottle he flew into a fit of rage! Not something normal for my easygoing little guy. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Finally, he gave in and drank the bottle and went to sleep. Well, this evening he was getting all fussy again and I got his bottle ready for him... just as I have been doing for the past 4 months! Oh no, that was not what the little man had in mind. Finally, the light bulb goes off and I realize that maybe he is ready for his little jar of baby food. You would think by the second child I would have this all figured out, but let me tell you, it is amazing how much you forget about the baby stage after a few years! Anyway, I got out his sweet potatoes and he was elated. He ate the whole jar. Then, he wanted more so we moved on to a new taste- apples. He was so pleased with this new found delight as well. Now, I realize this afternoon he really just wanted to eat some "real" food! I guess we have entered into a new stage with Marcus... he now needs breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We are going to have to introduce some more new foods before he turns orange from all the sweet potatoes! Here is a clip of him tonight... sorry it's sideways I will take another one soon.

No comments: