Monday, October 13, 2008

What's a girl to do?


So, tonight I am thinking about how much I miss my sweetheart. Not that anyone wants to hear my sob story... however, this blog is kind of like a mini diary! I loved falling in love with Matt. It was exciting, wonderful, and one of the best times of my life. However, when the military first pulled him away this new feeling that I had never felt before came over me. This heart wrenching feeling of being away from the one you love. What makes it worse, most of the times he has been away we can't even communicate. Sometimes, just hearing his voice would help. (I have called his voice mail before!) I must check my e-mail over a dozen times a day just waiting to see if there is any word from him. But my newest dilemma is this: What's a girl to do when her love is gone? I feel like Matt is the other half of my heart, my true soul mate, the one who keeps my world in tact... How will this all work when we will be apart for deployment (the longest we have ever been apart from each other since we met!)? I know I'll get through the next 6 or 7 months (I will have to for my babies!) and someday look back on it all. However, this grip on my heart from loving someone is so strong and hurts so much when he is away. Sometimes, I would give anything when he is gone if I could just talk to him for 5 minutes... just to settle everything back into place so to speak. I know some of you other military wives will be able to relate and others may think I am plain crazy. But really, what's a girl to do?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Jessica, I totally relate to what you said. I just can't imagine not having Eric with me for the next 8 months--I am going to miss him like crazy. I am glad I have you to commiserate with!